By utilizing our Services, you are accepting and agreeing to the practices outlined in this Policy. Note that the practices outlined in this Policy are subject to change at any time. If we do change any of these practices, an updated Policy will be posted on our website. So, we encourage you to review this Policy frequently in order to be aware of any such changes. You will be able to determine if the Policy has been revised by reference to the Effective Date at the bottom of this Policy.
B. The Information We Collect and Store, and Related Information about Cookies
PlanGuru collects and stores both:(i) personal information about you; and (ii) technical information associated with the manner and frequency with which you access our Services.
B(1). Personal Information About User Which We Collect and Store
For Purposes of this Policy, the “personal information” about you which we collect and store includes:
- contact and personally identifiable information such as names, e-mail addresses, postal (i.e. mailing) addresses, telephone number(s), any other contact or personally identifiable information you may provide;
- billing and shipping information, including credit and/or debit card information, and any separate billing or shipping address(es) provided to us;
- the history of use of our Services, including, User Content, and purchasing history;
- any additional information provided in the course of using the Services or correspondence with us; and
- any information which we may receive from any third-party consultants or service providers, third-party vendors who provide similar products, or other companies with which we have User information sharing agreements;
- information obtained through “cookies” (for more information, refer to Section B(3), below).
B(2). The Technical Information We Collect and Store
As noted above, in addition to the User Content and personal information we collect and store, we also collect and store technical information which helps us evaluate, maintain, improve, and track the use our Services and our marketing initiatives. Such information is collected using industry standard methods, such as webserver log files, our placement of “cookies” on your web browser, and/or via third-party web analytic services which also place “cookies” on your web browser (for more information regarding “cookies” and how you may disable them, see Paragraph B(3), immediately below).
We may utilize a third-party web analytic service provider to track and provide us with detailed information and statistics regarding the Application and/or the Services, our marketing initiatives and methods, and other technical information regarding use of our Services. Such third-party analytic service providers are not provided with, and do not have access to, your specific User Content.
Similar to other online product providers, our website utilizes “cookies,” which are data files sent from our website and stored on your web browser while you are using our Services. These cookies are used to record information related to your use of our Services, so as to enhance your future use of the Services. For example, cookies: facilitate the collection of information referenced above in Paragraphs B(1) and B(2); allow certain billing information of yours to be stored and accessed so that you do not need to reenter it; increase the efficiency with which you navigate our Services; and assist us in personalizing your use of our Services, based on your prior use of the Services.
You may choose to have your web browser notify you when cookies are being placed in your browser, or you may choose to disable all cookies transmitted to you in the course of your use of our Services. Note, however, that if you do disable cookies entirely, you may not be able to use all functions of the Services. Similarly, certain other capabilities may not function properly, in whole or in part.
C. How We Use the Information We Collect
PlanGuru will only use your Personal Information and User Content in accordance with the terms described in this Policy, as of the Effective Date set forth above. As noted above, you should review this Policy frequently, and should specifically take note of the Effective Date in the course of any such review, so that you are aware of any changes in the ways we will utilize your information.
Unless you direct us not to by exercising the options set forth in Paragraph E of this Policy, we may utilize the information we obtain from you for the following purposes:
- to facilitate fraud prevention techniques;
- to provide you with confirmations of use of the Services;
- to assist us in learning about your user preferences;
- to send you promotional materials and advertisements;
- to enhance your user experience by customizing the Services, advertisements, and promotional materials, based upon your prior use of the Services, including past purchases.
- to track, compile and analyze Service usage trends, purchases, and the effectiveness of our product marketing and advertising initiatives and operations;
- to track and address any problems with our Services and to improve our Services;
- to maintain and improve the security of our Services;
- for all other purposes referenced in Paragraphs (B)2 and (B)3;
D. How we Share the Information we Collect
Unless you direct us to the contrary by exercising the options set forth in Paragraph E, we may share your information with third-parties with a third-party marketing consultant or service provider for purposes of increasing the effectiveness of our advertising, marketing, and promotions related initiatives and activities. Additionally, we may share information requested by law enforcement, in the conjunction with our fraud prevention efforts, and/or in the event of any investigation into potential fraud.
Note that we keep your personal information secure. Only authorized employees and third- parties who have written agreements with us have access to this information. Your information is transmitted and stored in a fashion compliant with PCI Standards. All sensitive data is transmitted using 256-bit High-grade TLS encryption.
E. The Choices You May Make With Respect to the Information We Collect, Store, and Share
You have several options at your disposal to control how we utilize your information:
- We only want to communicate with you regarding products, promotions, and special offers if you would like us to do so. Accordingly, if you would prefer not to receive such correspondence, please send your request to email@example.com to unsubscribe;
- If you prefer that we not retain any of your contact or identifying information, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- If you prefer that we not retain any of your billing and shipping information, including your credit and/or debit card information, please send your request to email@example.com;
- If you prefer that we not share your information with any third-party marketing consultant or service provider, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- If you prefer that we do not collect and/or share the information referenced in the above Paragraphs B(2) or B(3), we note again that you have the option of you have the option of setting your web browser to notify you when cookies are being placed in your browser, or you may choose to disable all cookies transmitted to you in the course of your use of our website. However, if you do disable cookies entirely, you may not be able to utilize all functions of the Services. Similarly, certain other capabilities may not function properly, in whole or in part.
Effective as of October 28, 2019